Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fruit Cleanse... day 2.

I'm so over this.

That said, today was monumentally better than yesterday in terms of physical and mental stamina. I didn't feel so incredibly hungry, and the fog was only there sometimes. At some points I actually didn't feel like I was even on the fast. Until tonight, I was really okay. Now I kinda feel that sick sugar feeling again...

The biggest problem today is the opposition I've received for undertaking this cleanse. A lot of people thought I was nuts for undergoing 40 days of yoga. They voiced their opposition, and I smiled at them, knowing I could handle it.

But it's just gotten vicious now.

I've been told I'm insane, that what I'm doing is dangerous, that I need to stop now, that I never should've started in the first place, that I'm doing too much, that I'm acting like I'm in a cult, that I'm being too extreme, all while getting shocked stares every time I eat a piece of fruit. Some of it is out of concern, some of it is out of plain wonder.

I don't understand why on the SECOND DAY of my cleanse, when I really need the most support, I encountered the most push back. Everyone knew this was coming; it wasn't like I surprised anyone. Opinions could've been voiced prior to this, and I would've been a little more open to it. I'm in the middle. No turning back. Your concerns and attacks are lost on me.

I also don't understand why no one seems to think I thought pretty carefully about my body's ability to handle this. I discussed it with my instructors and a dietitian. I looked at my shortcuts and options. And I'm being smart about the process - taking it easy at yoga last night and practicing at home for the remaining days, eating brown rice when I need to, going to bed early. Believe it or not, I'm not an idiot, and I don't need to be treated like one.

I don't need to justify this to anyone but myself. I'm not doing it alone. I have lots of support around me. And guess what? It's over tomorrow. I bet you I'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment