Monday, February 1, 2010

I want real food.

Like, now. I would kill for anything starchy or salty or crunchy or NOT SWEET. Anything.

It was a tough day. I woke up, had my half of a grapefruit, made a smoothie and trekked off to school. I had a pretty substantial lunch packed. Fruit salad of pineapple, blueberries and oranges. Apple for a later snack, along with dried apricots and cherry tomatoes.

By the time I was midway through lunch I thought I might go into sugar shock.

I didn't try to shove my face with fruit. I was really hungry. I paced myself, but every hour hunger would creep up again. 2:30 rolled around and I didn't want to look at another fruit much less eat one.

I arrived home and wasn't sure how I would make it through yoga this afternoon. I was in no state of physical being to do so, as I was shaky and nauseous. I wasn't in a mental state to go through with yoga either. Everything felt like it was in a fog... I could hardly think. Friends said I didn't look like myself.

And then an avocado saved my life.

I made an avacado and tomato "salad" - really, I just cut them up and warmed them in the microwave. IT WAS FANTASTIC. I couldn't get it down fast enough. It filled me up. The avocado tasted like TURKEY. That fat was the best thing I'd had all day. It gave me the sustenance I needed to survive through yoga.

And survive I did. I didn't push myself too hard, but I maintained a restorative mindset through the practice. It was good. I ended mentally and physically exhausted - more so than I have maybe ever.

When I came home, I wasn't sure if I should eat or not. I was feeling pretty queasy. I decided it was important after a strenuous practice to have brown rice (which we are allowed if necessary on this diet), and tomato soup (which had cream and spices in it, shoot me). Now I feel uber full because those were the heaviest things of my day. BUT I don't feel queasy anymore.

Just bloated, exhausted, and not ready for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment