Sunday, February 7, 2010

week 5.

Happy Superbowl Sunday. :)

Due to weather conditions here in the 'burgh, and especially in my neighborhood, I couldn't make the regular Sunday yoga meeting today. I was pretty bummed out about it, but it just isn't safe to drive around here. Trees down, roads packed with ice, haven't seen a plow YET (and it stopped snowing yesterday). Took us 90 minutes to get 23" of snow off of the car with a pot and a broken broom head. Supposed to get another 6" Tuesday. Blah.

This week is 75 minutes of yoga and 25 minutes of meditation morning and night.

Mmmmmk. Can handle the yoga. The meditation... umm... uhh... not real sure what to do about that. 20 minutes caused anxiety attacks. 25 minutes? I'll attempt it at some point.

We clearly didn't make it to church today, so I started reading a book on the Christian faith given to me by a dear friend. It's called "Velvet Elvis". I'm 34 pages in and already agree with a lot of what it has to say, so I'm looking forward to the read. When a book focuses on questioning the faith as an important part of what needs done, I'm hooked.

I'll keep you posted on the week, but I'm pretty ambivalent... probably not a good way to start the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment