Sunday, January 10, 2010

40 day actual revolutions...

We came up with what our personal revolution, our breakthroughs, would be in class today. If things go well, what will we get out of this? My instant thoughts were faith and control.
Faith: I want to figure out the reasons behind my negative reactions. I want to re-realize that there is a power above, somewhere, that there are guidelines good people should live by, and that I am able to live by them. This is deep.
Control: What I meant by control was reactivity. I want to lessen my reactivity to my instant and ever-changing emotions, my need to control situations, my cravings for food. Instead of reacting immediately, breathe for a second, think about it, and then act. This will help bring peace and calmness to what I currently consider an extremely volatile part of my emotional life.
These are the goals I need to keep in the forefront of my mind as I travel through these next 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment