Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fruit cleanse.

So... week four includes a three day fruit cleanse. That means nothing but fruit... for three straight days. Still going to yoga. Still going to school. No added sugar, no olive oil, no onions for flavor. Just surviving on fruit for three days.

I start tomorrow.

I couldn't be more nervous.

We went to the grocery store and picked up every fruit Giant Eagle and Trader Joes stocked. I'm so afraid of being hungry that I got everything I could think of. The instructors told us it's important to actually prepare meals, and sit down and eat them. I'm not sure how I'm going to work that out - taking food to school and everything. Will it get brown and taste awful?! What if I get hungry at school?! And I have practice at the studio tomorrow night - will I pass out?! It's tough enough when I can eat real food!

Three days of it. There are 60 other people doing it. I can be a big girl about it. Expect a lot of posts in the next few days as I try to not gnaw my arm off. Hopefully it will really be a detoxifying process. I truly believe it will be.

But I'm still pretty scurred.

Side note: I realized this past week (big week for realizations) that this process isn't just effecting me - it's seriously affecting the people I'm close to. It is an intensely individual process with very individual goals and means. My boy has been SO supportive to me the whole time... and I've just been ignoring him, expecting that help rather than showing my serious appreciation for it. He brought it up a few days ago, and it wasn't something I noticed before. At first I was really offended, thinking I had let him know enough, but after watching and thinking through my reactions to him for a few days, he's absolutely right. Just because this process is individualized doesn't mean I need to shut off the people I love and only think about myself. This week, as part of my fruit cleanse, I'm hoping to not only detox my body, but detox my heart, and show him how much what he does for me means to me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I have actually just written a book called The Fruit Feast - a healthy way to cleanse the body in three days.

    http://thefruitfeast.com/

    Such a fruit feast is a great way to detox and cleanse.We'll have it avail for online order shortly...you can signup to the mailing list and we'll let you know when it is ready!

    Thanks.

    Ravi

    ReplyDelete