Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Support.

I missed my meditation this morning. Blech. I thought I would try something new and get ready before I meditated, letting all the hecticness of the morning go by clearing my mind before the day started. Fail. I ran out of time, so I'll have to get up earlier in the morning I guess.

To his credit, the boy valiantly attempted to get me up earlier. He was up, heard my alarm go off, and tried to wake me because he knew I had to meditate and practice before getting ready. I ignored him for 3 snoozes before I finally rose and got to it.

I had a long day and didn't get home until 8:00 tonight. When I arrived, boy had a meal prepared that was completely made of whole foods. This is a guy who would be completely happy with whatever frozen stuff he could find, but because he knows I'm on a stricter diet this week, he made a huge effort to have a great meal ready upon my arrival. Without that, I probably would've resorted to something canned or frozen tonight rather than sticking to the plan. He even made enough so I could take some with me for another late night on Thursday.

It's that kind of support that's really getting me through these long days. I want to do everything right, but of course, life gets in the way. You do the best you can, but it's the love and help of others that make it bearable.

Your comments, suggestions, questions, and notes checking in on how I'm doing have lifted my heart in moments that I don't wanna do it anymore. I know there will be more of those moments as these days go on. Know that your support has really touched me, and without it, this journey would be much more difficult.

Keep 'em coming. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment