Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Super quick update...

It's late, and I'm tired, but this blog keeps me accountable for this journey.

Started the morning with 45 minutes of yoga. I used the book's version of a class, which was nice to follow... but I really missed hearing an instructor telling me what to do. The instructors have wonderfully created podcasts for us to listen to when we're at home for yoga. There are no podcasts for us in the 45 minute level, only 30 and 75... so book it is this week. I'm really subscribing to this program as steps each week, so I'm not going to jump into a 75 minute podcast just because. If I'm supposed to do 45 minutes then that's what I'll do if I'm not at the studio. I don't feel like the book is as good a workout as the podcasts, mostly because I'm reading in between poses and cutting into the flow... but that's the resource I've got!

Meditation was cut short this morning. I managed to get 8 minutes in. About six minutes in I really started to clear my head and feel relaxed... and then the timer went off. Ugh. I tried to do 8 minutes in the afternoon but got interrupted by this and that... I'll definitely do a full 15 tonight. Last night was a distracting meditation because I kept hearing conversations around me and couldn't pull back into my head. I would just listen to the voices around me. I can meditate with a constant noise around me, but not with individual voices. I need to find a way to get them to shut up... nicely, of course. :)

I tried to bake my wheat bread tonight. The process was really nice... mix, knead, rise, knead, rise, knead, rise. All with my hands - no bread machine here! It turned out well... I had anticipated using the bread for sandwiches the rest of the week, but I'm not sure it will work out. It's not exactly sandwich bread material... crumbly, thick and only crusty on the top! Maybe it's not supposed to be, though? I might try a different recipe next time.

Time to turn in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment