Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moderation

I absolutely needed that rest day yesterday. 100%. I woke up and was still exhausted, so I laid around and did virtually nothing until 2:30. Bliss.

We went out to celebrate some friends birthdays last night. I told myself beforehand I would only have one drink. My goal is moderation for these 40 days, since I think depriving myself of anything entirely is not only unrealistic and depressing now, it's unrealistic in life beyond this challenge. I can show restraint by limiting to just a few and stay happy by allowing myself some of whatever it is.

Two years ago, the prospect of just having one drink and having to deal with people out was miserable. Last night, I had a ton of fun. I didn't need the alcohol. The moderation was actually better than feeling pressured to have six... or ten. I woke up this morning feeling great, had an outstanding meditation and yoga practice, and was ready for my day. I prefer that method to laying in bed until mid-afternoon feeling like death.

I'm struggling with the amount of food I'm eating. Like I've said before, WHAT I eat isn't a problem. It's the amount... especially at night, after dinner, when I'm still awake four hours later and getting hungry again. I then go to the kitchen, find whatever's in there, and pig out. Moderation is struggling here. I especially had trouble after Thursday night's yoga practice and going out last night (alcohol in any amount always feels like an enabler for food).

Any suggestions to deal with the late night cravings?

1 comment:

  1. Eat more fiber. It tricks your body into feeling fuller. A high fiber breakfast along with veggies such as broccoli and carrots and cauliflower help.

    ReplyDelete